NaganiansOnline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaganiansOnline

To connect Naganians in the Town, Naganians OFW and Balikbayans all over the world.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Happy Fiesta Naganians 10th October 2014 - Viva St. Francis de Assisi !! Long live NAGANIANS!!
NaganiansOnline Team are pleased to announce that your forum is now optimized for browsing via mobile phones. We're still in the beta version of the feature, however you can now browse your forum using your smartphones. Click here for more information
Visit the new founded CAD Brothers "D Amazing Game Fowl" follow this link http://cadbrothers.multiply.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Cebu Weather Forecast
Forecast for Cebu City
NaganiansOnline

History project

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: History project   History project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Gawas sa akong trabaho diri sa Sun.Star CEbu ug Sun.Star Superbalita, apil ko niining cebu history project sa Provincial Government nga gidumala sa Cebuanos Studies Center sa University of San Carlos. Ubos sa maong proyekto, maghimo og usa ka volume nga history kabahin sa matag lungsod ug syudad. Ako ang tigsulat sa Syudad sa Naga.

Manghinaot ko nga kining atong mga kaigsuonan nga magsuroyan sa Naganians Online makatabang kanako pinaagi sa paghatag ba og mgfa dokumento, pag-refer og mga posibleng tinubdan sa mga impormasyon, ug pag-share sa inyong family tree labi na kon duna kamoy mga paryente kaniadto nga dunay papel sa pangagamhanan o sa mga gubat kaniadto batok sa Espanya ug Amerika ug Japan.
Back to top Go down
brendonval
Admin
Admin
brendonval

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:21 pm

nindot ni dah.

Kahibalo ko nga naay daghan diri mga myembro mo kontribyut aning maong Project. Manulti ko sa uban para makabalo sila ug maka share pod.
Back to top Go down
http://archersresume.tripod.com
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:00 am

Sa pagka karon, nangita ko more info on the descendants of people who figured in existing history books sama ni Pablo Ruiz Mejia, Glicerio Canonigo, ug Leoncio Alfon. But if I welcome all kinds of information para colorful ug daghan details ang atong libro kabahin sa naga history.
Back to top Go down
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 am

Last Monday, I interviewed Noy Odi Canonigo, 79. Sweto siya politika before, during and right after the war.
Back to top Go down
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:31 am

Calling out to members of old Naga families. please help ...
Among the names I dug up so far are:

* The earliest name of a Naga gobernadorcillo or mayor was DOn Francisco Misa (1869) who bought land beside the properties of Don Pablo Mejia, Don Catalino Veloso, and Telesfora Garces.
* The earliest record of the Chiongs that I could find so far was the payment of taxes by JUan Chino Chiong in 1890 for the purchase of a house in Calle Real.

I still don't have old maps of Naga. Can anybody share to me such old maps so I can trace where is Calle Real.

* There are also land purchase records that mentioned such names as Don Miguel Cabonelas, Manuel Cabaluna, Don Evarista Villarta y Dedoro
* In 1891, the gobernadorcillo was Don Cipriano Corro
* In 1929, the daughter of Jerry O'Keefe "kawani sa buhatan sa Semento sa Naga" was married to a certain Florencio Canalita who is a son of the wealthy Felix Canalita and Amanda Rivera
* I also want to reach out to the Alforques, the de la CErnas, the Laras, and other old Naga families.
Back to top Go down
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Assassination of a prominent Naga leader in 1899   History project Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 am

here's a passage from my draft on Naga history about the assassination of Don Pablo Mejia, the Spanish mestizo who settled and married in Naga, produced two sons who later became mayors of Naga, and who became Cebu's caretaker governor when the Spaniards left Cebu on December 24, 1898.

____

"Katipuneros knew him only as “Blas” with the nickname “Bula” of Pagina (Pahina) in San Nicolas, the hotbed of the revolution in Cebu.

An earlier account identified the dukut as Pedro Abella. But no, former Katipunero Jovito S. Abellana asserted that he was “walay labot (not involved)” contrary to an earlier account he wrote in 1960. Based on an interview with Abellana in 1976 however, Blas or Bula could have been a certain Pedro Abarca.

Bula eyed Don Pablo Ruiz Mejia and Don Julio Llorente in the evening of June 11, 1899. The two members of Cebu’s ruling aristocracy, leading conservatives of the Cebu provincial government, leisurely walked from the Mejia casa in Magallanes Street to the house of Mejia’s daughter at the foot of the Pahina (Forbes) Bridge. Bula knew Don Pablo was familiar with him being a neighbor in Pagina. The don did not mind the presence of Bula, accompanied by his friends Miguel Cabarrubias also of San Nicolas and Norberto Gonzales, as the three conducted ocular surveillance.

Bula was a dukut of Segunda Columna under Pantaleon del Rosario who ordered the secret mission for the Katipunan. Gregorio Abellana had met the dukut and his two lookouts several days before to relay the order and draw the tactical plan.

At around 8 in the evening, Don Pablo and Don Julio were already at the porch of his house. That day, the rest of the Mejia family went to their hacienda in Naga leaving Don Pablo alone with the maids. Bula thought the moment has come.

The dukut approached. With an unlighted cigarette in hand, he asked for a light. The ruse worked, he deemed. Boldly moving closer to within striking distance, Bula swiftly drew his knife and stabbed Mejia on the chest.

Llorente escaped unhurt. Mejia died the next day."
Back to top Go down
Reed

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:51 am

@ anul,

kanus-a man ni mapublish imong project? nindot kaayu da imong project. Hope makatampo ko ana imong project. Kanang, wala ka mo try ug suroy didto dapit sa Tanke sir anul?
Back to top Go down
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:22 am

I'm still wrestling with Chapter 3, the American period. In fact, I just finished the part of the Philippine-American war. I'm going now to the rise of the pulahanes in Naga. The actual program under the auspices of the Cebuano Studies Center will end come DEcember. The books (one writer is assigned to one town) will be published in time for the celebration of the capitol foundation day in august next year.

but don't worry, i'll be posting interesting things here.

----

no, i haven't gone to tangke. i still have to go over the records at the parish church and interview people who might give me valuable information on events i have uncovered so far. maybe people from this forum could help me locate descendants of people like the mejias and leoncio alfon. I have already talked with odi canonigo who is a relative of the first capitan municipal licerio canonigo and quir de gracia who is a relative of Pedro de Gracia.

During the Tres de Abril uprising, Capitan Mayor canonigo rebelled while his chief of police Pedro de GRacia sided with the Spaniards.
Back to top Go down
dante

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:14 am

@anol_cebu,

my grandmother told me a story about locals in naga who fougth against spaniards,
it happened in the border of Colon & Cayam. It is similar to the "bahug-bahug sa Mactan"
but in this event the locals lost, because thier weapons were no match against the spaniards.

It was commemorated by Colon & Cayam residents annually, but forgotten after WWII.
Back to top Go down
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 pm

thanks for the information. can you give me names that i could interview about this? il also go over the records on the philippine revolution again ...

march na, wa pa jud ko mahuman sa draft. but i'm entering the edsa 1 period na .... phew!
Back to top Go down
brendonval
Admin
Admin
brendonval

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:06 am

@anol_cebu,
unsa naman balita aning Naga History? May naman pod ron, hapit na ang June.
Back to top Go down
http://archersresume.tripod.com
anol_cebu

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:58 am

naa na ko last part of last chapter ... re challenges. gi-discuss nako ang cityhood issue re supreme court decision.
Back to top Go down
dante

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:54 pm

lisod na kaayo pag-retreive kay patay na ako lola.
Ang akong ikasuporta ang pagpalit ra unya sa libro inig ma-release na.
Back to top Go down
naganiansOnline

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Guys, unsa naman news ani? na published na ni nga project?
Back to top Go down
https://naganians.forumotion.com/
Reed

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

update ani? anyone?
@anol_cebu , na publish na ni?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

History project Empty
PostSubject: Re: History project   History project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History project
Page 1 of 1